10 ways to upgrade your home on a budget
Your home is an asset as we all know. Upgrading your kitchen, remodelling your bathroom and creating a beautifully flowing living space are what we all strive for, however this can be a challenge without blowing the budget.
We want to rejuvenate our home and spruce up your environment to give you the feeling that your home is up to date and avoid letting your home feel drab and draining.
The common questions on everyone's minds are:
· Where do I start?
· What look am I trying to achieve?
· What can I do myself and where do I need the professionals?
It can be expensive to hire in a tradie or kitchen design company in Auckland. It can be expensive to try to do it your self and mess it up too.
It’s best to try a little bit of both, that way you can stick to your makeover budget and still be in control of your home. Here are a few things you can do easily
10 Tips You Can Achieve
1. Upgrade the hardware on your doors. New handles can remake the look and feel and can be very cost effective.
2. Bringing in the greenery. You can add live or fake plants to your home to spruce up the space.
3. Upgrade the lamp shades around the home.
4. Moving around your furniture and accessories is a great way to give a different feel and it’s absolutely free.
5. Add mirrors. Adding mirrors are a great way to liven up a space and can also make the space feel bigger and brighter.
6. Try adding colour to your walls. You can add decorative stripes and designs. You can even use left over paint from a different room you may have painted
7. Change the curtain rails where you hang your curtains. It is an inexpensive way to change the feel of the room
8. Changing out the builders grade standard white light switch plates. These are easy to change and give a room a face lift on a budget.
9. Upgrade your bathroom towels and shower curtains.
10. Upgrade your blinds from 2cm to 4cm. This will give your home the
modern feel and look.
You can achieve a lot but going to your local Bunnings, Bed Bath & Beyond, Resene Paint shop and even The Warehouse.
If you’re looking to take it to the next level and get the professionals in, why not try www.kavanaghkitchens.com for your next kitchen upgrade.